A Medieval Arthurian Reading List and Sourcebook
In my efforts to learn as much as possible about the Arthurian Mythos, I have collected quite a few books on the subject. I feel it would only be good to tell others what medieval texts are currently in print, or are available online.
The Elucidation prologue to Perceval: trans. Stephen Evans.
Tristan: Beroul. print, various.
Guingamour, Lanval, Tyolet, Le Bisclaveret: trans. Jessie L. Weston.
- Parzival: Wolfram von Eschenbach. print, various.
- Titurel: Wolfram von Eschenbach. printed with new edition of Parzival
- Tristan and Iseult: Gottfried von Strassburg. print, various.
- Diu Krone: soon to be reprinted.
- Wigalois: Wirnt Von Gravenberg. in print.
Lanzelet: Ulrich von Zatzikhoven. poss. in print
Sir Morien: trans. Jessie Weston. WWW.
The Romance of Arthur: ed. James J. Wilhelm. contains some of above, as well as:
- Sir Gawain and the Green Knight: print, various.
- The Athurian Chronicles of Wace and La3amon: print, Everyman.
- The Alliterative Mort Arthur: print, Penguin.
- Le Mort d'Arthur: Sir Thomas Malory: print, various.
- Sir Gawain: Eleven Romances and Tales: ed. Thomas Hahn. print, Western Michigan. net: http://www.lib.rochester.edu/camelot/gawmenu.htm
The TEAMS Camelot Project: an online collection of Middle English Arthurian texts.
- The Saga of the Mantle
- Beroul's Tristan
- The Suite du Merlin (a continuation of de Boron's Merlin)
- The Rise of Gawain
- The Wedding of Sir Gawain and Dame Ragnell
Back to Appendicies | Back to JCE
Mary Jones © 2009